Meetings, news, events, and updates from the Central City Neighborhood Association.
Info from birminghamcitycouncil.org.
“During the Birmingham City Council Meeting on Tuesday, May 14, 2013, Council:
1. Received the Mayor’s Proposed Fiscal Year 2013 – 2014 Budget. The Council will hold a Budget Hearing on Tuesday, May 30, 2013, 4:00 p.m., in Council Chambers. Open to the public, Council will hear budget requests. To address the Council you must sign-up on the 3rd Floor of Birmingham City Hall, in front of the Council Chambers, 30 minutes prior to the meeting.
2. Approved an Ordinance regulating the operation of certain classes of liquor-licensed establishments to reduce nuisance and safety issues regarding security, crowd control, underage drinking, noise disturbances, and violence by requiring these businesses to provide security plans, address underage drinking, and to maintain order in the establishment and on accessory premises where patrons park or congregate. For more information, contact the office of Councilor Austin at 254.2678
3. Approved the Operating and Capital Budgets of the Birmingham Parking Authority for the fiscal year ending June 30, 2014. For more information, contact the office of Councilor Kim Rafferty at 254.2348.
4. Placed on consent a Resolution determining that the Greater Birmingham 1963 Historical Prom for the Class of May 163, to be held May 17, 2013 at the Historical Boutwell Auditorium, serves a public purpose that promotes goodwill and serves a public interest.
5. Deferred for one (1) week, a resolution approving the agreement with Magic City Smooth Jazz, Birmingham, in an amount not to exceed $25,000.00, to provide and host promotional, marketing, and other management services for the 2013 Jazz in the Park Series in seven (7) Birmingham area parks.
6. Approved a Resolution authorizing the Mayor to enter into an agreement whereby the Birmingham-Jefferson County Transit Authority is allowed to enter upon City right-of-way to install, erect and maintain one (1) bus shelter to be located within the right of way of 1501 – 26th Avenue North, Birmingham.
7. Approved a Resolution authorizing the Mayor to enter into an agreement whereby the Birmingham-Jefferson County Transit Authority is allowed to enter upon City right-of-way to install, erect and maintain one (1) bus shelter to be located within the right of way of 1840 Pearson Avenue S.W., Birmingham.
8. Approved a Resolution authorizing certain actions with respect to the refunding of (1) certain of the General Obligation Refunding Bonds, Series 2005-A of the City of Birmingham, Alabama, and (2) certain of the General Obligation Refunding Warrants Series 2004-B of the City of Birmingham, Alabama.
9. Approved a Resolution amending Resolution No. 1720-06, adopted by the Council on July 25, 2006, by adopting the February 21, 2013 revised Citizen Participation Plan.
10. Approved a Resolution adopting the Guide for Neighborhood Association Spending 2013, which will be utilized in conjunction with the Citizen Participation Plan.
11. Approved a Resolution approving the professional services agreement with Ronald Scott McDowell dba McDowell Studios, Birmingham, in an amount not to exceed $16,000.00, to provide repair and restoration services to the Eddie Kendrick bronze statue, backdrop wall of raised panels, and cleaning of wall panels and wall structure and authorizing the Mayor to execute the agreement on behalf of the City.
12. Approved a Resolution regarding the appointment of Dynamic Civil Solutions, Birmingham, in an amount not to exceed $35,350.00, inclusive of any reimbursable expenses, to provide engineering and surveying design services for the Tuggle-Hill K-5 School Project and authorizing the Mayor to execute the appointment letter on behalf of the City.
Announcements and Reminders:
1. The Planning and Zoning Committee met on Tuesday, May 14, 2013, 4:00 p.m., 5th Floor Engineering Conference Room.
2. The Parks, Recreation and Cultural Arts Committee Meeting scheduled for Wednesday, May 15, 2013, is canceled.
3. The Joint Public Safety and Technology Committee is scheduled to meet on Wednesday, May 15, 2013, 2:00 p.m., Council Chambers.
4. The Public Improvement and Beautification Committee is scheduled to meet on Tuesday, May 21, 2013, 4:00 p.m., Council Chambers.
5. The Administration Committee is scheduled to meet on Wednesday, May 22, 2013, 2:00 p.m., Conference Rooms D & E.
6. The Committee of the Whole is scheduled to meet on Wednesday, May 22, 2013, 4:00 p.m., Conference Rooms D & E.
7. In observance of Memorial Day, Birmingham City Hall is closed on Monday, May 27, 2013.
For more information, log onto http://www.birminghamalcitycouncil.org”