Meetings, news, events, and updates from the Central City Neighborhood Association.
Central City Neighborhood Association
Tuesday, October 20, 2015 6:00 PM
Linn-Henley Library, Richard Arrington, Jr. Auditorium
1. Call to Order – 6:03 p.m.
Adoption of Agenda
Approval of September 15, 2015 Minutes – D.Kassouf moved to approve minutes
2. Open Reports
Birmingham Public Library – Karyn Y. Davis informed residents re: Mobile Hotspot available for check out from library
CAP Officers – Officer Courtney Pullum explained that CAP mainly provides roadside assistance, but is providing more escorts because it is getting darker earlier. Security Engineers in office buildings can contact CAP if you do not have number.
Birmingham Fire Department John Kelly, Sylvia Williams, and Joey Gam attended meeting. Residents can obtain free fire alarm/smoke detector by coming by the fire station. “Fire bug” was lighting fires mostly in abandoned vacant properties; if you notice something usual, contact the police department
Public Works – Inspector Wilder received questions from residents. Main concern is inops, overgrown property, abandoned lots, and litter in alleys, especially 2222 1st Ave N (letters being sent to owners re: dumpster issue in alley). PW will continue to monitor the area and has provided Trash & Brush Pick Up Schedule.
Election/Candidate Presentations – Judge William A. “Tony” Bell Jr. – District Court Judge Place
3. CCNA Funds: Current Funds Balance: $9,401.07 (Source: Minutes of the Monday, September 21, 2015 CAB meeting.). Note: R.Burton records indicate balance should be 9,901.07. R.Burton will contact CRO to resolve
4. Old Business: None
5. New Business: None
6. Announcements: 2015 CCNA meeting dates and locations:
October 20th – Linn-Henley Library, Richard Arrington, Jr. Auditorium
November 17th – Linn-Henley Library, Richard Arrington, Jr. Auditorium
All meetings next year will be in Linn-Henley Library, Richard Arrington, Jr. Auditorium
See: http://www.birminghamccna.com for more info
• Tavern on 1st is having neighborhood social tonight at 7:30 p.m.
• Move 20/59 filed lawsuit against ALDOT
• Seniors at the Veranda are hosting yard sale on 11/7/15 from 10:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
• Mamanoes is having Breast Cancer fundraiser (Casino Night) next Thursday night
7. Adjourn: 6:31 p.m.
s/ Summer Austin Davis
Summer Austin Davis