Meetings, news, events, and updates from the Central City Neighborhood Association.
Central City Neighborhood Association http://www.birminghamccna.com
Tuesday, August 16, 2016, 6:00 PM — Meeting Minutes
Linn-Henley Library, Richard Arrington, Jr. Auditorium
1. Call to Order @ 6:06 p.m.
Adoption of Agenda
Approval of May 17, 2016, and July 19, 2016, Minutes— moved to approve; 2nd
2. Open Reports
Birmingham Police Department — Officer Clyde Coleman received questions and concerns from meeting attendees. Crime is under control.
CAP Officers — Douglas Stewart, Communications Manager: Provided example of how business community, Public Works, BPD, and City of Birmingham worked together to quickly get rid of graffiti in Kelly Ingram Park and arrest perpetrators. Everything else in area seems to be going well.
Birmingham Public Library — Karyn Davis: Provided handout regarding upcoming free classes at BPL; elevators and air conditions in central branch are working; September is food for fines month (l canned good = $ l;max $ 10 per card)
Election/Candidate Presentations — CCNA Neighborhood Election Speaker: Richard G. Burton: Election is Tuesday October 18, 2016 at Central Library; Declaration of Candidacy forms available.
Dorothea Batiste Candidate for Jefferson County Circuit Judge Place 23 (Divorce Court)
Public Works — Tammie Wheeler received concerns from residents. Walk/Don’t Walk lights on corner of Richard Arrington/2nd Ave are out
3. CCNA Funds: Funds Balance: $11,401.07 (Source: CRO Officers Michael Shine & Greg Jones
11-17-15.) – 30th Annual MLK Unity Breakfast $240.00 (Table of 8 Attendees) Monday, January 18, 2016, @ BJCC North Meeting Hall; 19th Annual Family Fishing Rodeo at East Lake Park, Saturday, June 4, 2016, $150.00 (To support event) = Current Balance: $11,011.07
4. Old Business: None
5. New Business: Beer/Wine License Votes —
(1) Rogue Tavern — Location: 2312 2nd Ave. N.: A.Senseman moved to approve Beer/Wine License; B.McMinn 2nd; Motion passed —10 – yes, 1 — no, 0 — abstain
(2) Pale Eddies — Location: 2308 2nd Ave. N.: N.McMinn moved to approve Beer/Wine License; B.McMinn 2nd; Motion passed — 10 – yes, 0 — no, 0 — abstain
(3) Empire Hospitality — Location 1928 1 st Ave. N.: B.McMinn moved to approve Beer/Wine License; 2nd; Motion passed — 12 – yes, 0 — no, 0 — abstain
(4) The Atomic Bar Lounge — Location 2113 1 st Ave. N.: A.Senseman moved to approve Beer/Wine License; N.McMinn 2nd; Motion passed — 10 – yes, 0 — no, 0 — abstain
6. Announcements: Birmingham City is accepting donations to help Louisiana flood victims at Boutwell Auditorium from 8:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m., beginning August 17 through August 20; Contact Don Lupo for additional information 335-4573 2016 CCNA meeting dates and locations:
August 16, 2016 — Linn-Henley Library, Richard Arrington, Jr. Auditorium
September 20, 2016 — Linn-Henley Library, Richard Arrington, Jr. Auditorium October 18, 2016 — Linn-Henley Library, Richard Arrington, Jr. Auditorium
November 15, 2016 — Linn-Henley Library, Richard Arrington, Jr. Auditorium
All meetings start at 6:00 p.m.
See: http://www.birminghamccna.com for more information
*Reminder: Neighborhood Social @ Tavern on 1st, following the meeting!
7. Adjourn @ 6:48 p.m.
s/ Summer Austin Wells
Summer Austin Wells, Secretary